Wednesday, October 29, 2008

10/29/08 Candy Corn

While stopped in my car at a light this morning, a truck pulled up next to me. Out of the corner of my eye, the back of the truck read "Superior Super Dump". To which I thought, "That sounds fantastic."

------

During that same car ride, some guys were talking about the website HotChicksWithDouchebags.com. At that exact moment, I saw a guy in my rear view mirror with both iPod buds in his ears as he was driving. I began to wonder if it was the same guy I played basketball with this past weekend that insisted on listening to his iPod during the game.

------

Your IQ at age 10 has a positive correlation with alcohol problems as an adult. "... for every 15-point increase in childhood mental ability score, the likelihood of drinking problems increased 1.38 times for women, and 1.17 times for men."

------

Here's something you probably never expected to hear me say - This is my favorite Nickelback cover ever.



------

Have you seen the new Guitar Hero: World Tour commercial? It seems like risky business to pay four of the top athletes to endorse their product. At first glance, I recognized A-Rod, Michael Phelps and Kobe. After doing some research, I learned that the drummer doesn't have special needs. It's Tony Hawk. All I can think is that 1) Whatever money they paid those four guys, they probably could have put into better development. And 2) As great as those guys are as athletes, A-Rod, Kobe and Phelps are all kind of strange guys. I mean, if you had to choose 3 other athletes to come hang out and play Guitar Hero with you, would any of those guys make your top 20? When I think personable and fun, those aren't the guys that come to mind.



-------

Finally with Halloween creeping up on us, here's my favorite Halloween comedy bit by Lewis Black....

No comments: