Tuesday, May 20, 2008

5/20/08 6,666,666,666

The world population cracked 6,666,666,666 recently. That has to be a good thing, right?

------

Speaking of doom and gloom, check out environmentalist predictions from 1970. Paul Ehrlich (whose books on population growth I read as a teenager) predicted that global cooling would continue so that a food shortage would reduce the U.S. population to only 22.6 million.

------



------

I've been casually watching the NBA playoffs this year. That's new for me. There's something a little extra exciting about this season. Then, my two least favorite teams (San Antonio and Detroit) advance to the conference finals. I don't care for Boston either. Over the last few days, things went from exciting... to... dear lord, not them again. Even worse, by default, I'm rooting for Kobe.

------

This video takes a real hard core baseball fan to understand. It's the batting stances of White Sox players over the years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte Dan says: This guy was actually really good