Sunday, November 03, 2013

You Will

Twenty years ago, AT&T started it's famous You Will campaign.  It predicted video calls, wireless internet and ticket sales at a kiosk.  At the time I was a kid and the commercials gave me great hope for my adult life.

Twenty years later, it was pretty spot on.  I mean, it's not exact.  You could argue that most of what we have today is even better.  You'd think we'd be a lot happier with this Jetson's world we live in though.  I mean, we have free video calling and nobody really uses it.  

What I wish they had told me was the crummy parts about being an adult.  There needs to be a new campaign.  One that lets you know what it's really going to be like in 20 years...

  • Have you ever gone out for 2 beers on a Friday that gave you a hangover until Sunday?  You will....
  • Have you ever gone for a walk on the beach and pulled a hamstring for no reason?  You will...
  • Have you ever shit so hard that part of your insides come out... For a good week and a half of bleeding, chafing anus pain where you have to limp into the doctor's office and have hemorrhoids explained to you?  You will...
  • Have you ever woken up at 3:30am because you bladder won't make it until morning?  You will...
  • Have you ever sat around and thought, "What the hell happened to my life?"  You will...

No comments: