Tuesday, June 24, 2008

6/24/08 I Love the New Millennium

Why do I make fun of all sorts of TV shows... And then find myself watching multiple hours of VH1 countdown kind of shows? It's like I owe a big apology to American Idol and Nickelback fans everywhere. Like, whenever they have "The Top 100 Heavy Metal Songs (or whatever)", it lasts for five hours. And if I'm only semi-busy, I'll work on my computer and end up watching all five hours, wondering where "Thunderstruck" might end up, only to find out that it didn't even make the list.

This week, VH1 has out-nostalgia-ed itself. I get "I Love the 70's"... in the nostalgia sense. I more get "I Love the 80's" in a "I sort of remember that stuff" sense. For me "I Love the 90's" really hit home. This week they're premiering "I Love the New Millennium". We're still a couple of years from the end of the decade and they're already giving a fond look back at it? If that's not bad enough, I got hooked into it as I was doing some other work.

Probably the biggest "Wow" moment I had was that the Milkshake song came out in 2003. To which I could only think - What the hell happened to the last 5 years of my life?

For whatever reason, the video for Milkshake can't be embedded. So you'll have to click here to see it. I miss being able to say, "I could teach you, but I'd have to charge" and not have someone look funny at me.

No comments: