Monday, August 11, 2008

8/11/08 Citius, Altius, Fortius

Oh DVR, why must you do what I ask? Last Friday I found the Summer Olympics on TV and decided to "record all". I now have 30-some hours of recorded Olympic coverage. Regardless of what I'm doing or where I am, the Olympics are pretty much running constantly at my place. I'm up to last night's coverage... the synchronized diving part. As much as I can appreciate the amazing dedication and talent this sport takes, how can this remain in the Olympics when both baseball and softball got kicked out?

Mike sends the gripping story of the guy behind the opening ceremonies. Zhang Yimou has spent most of his life making movies that have been censored in China. Talk about getting the opportunity to finally shine, huh?

------

How is it obvious that my closest friends know me well? Both Mike and Joe sent the latest CERN press release... The Large Hadron Collider will be up and running on September 10th. I can't friggin' wait.


Confused about the LHC? Mike sends a rap that might help explain what's going on...



How much information are the LHC detectors collecting? 10,000 Encyclopedia Britannica's per second.



------

My family was here visiting recently. We took some video of our time together. Here's the highlights....



------

And finally, for those who are still reading (today and at all).... A brain teaser....

Grandpa: "My grandson is about as many days as my son is weeks, and my grandson is as many months as I am in years. My grandson, my son and I together are 120 years. Can you tell me my age in years?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

72 - don't waste my time. Come on push me.