Sunday, April 20, 2008

4/20/08 Memory


It becomes abundantly clear that there are not enough updates here when I start getting floods of emails during the week with cool stuff. But, for now, that's just the way it has to be. I'll try and make it up to ya'll somehow. I have no idea what the making up is going to entail - But I can assure you that I'm really swamped lately and just don't have the time.

Google Nicki sends me "An Engineer's Guide to Cats". For the engineers and/or cat lovers out there, enjoy...




This video is just the link/transition/double entendre that's keeping this post glued together. And for those of you who have a thing for Andrew Lloyd Webber.



------

Poker Jason sends a fascinating article on Building a Better Brain. I was amazed that "By nine months of age, our nerve cells stop dividing, leaving us with about 100 billion to a trillion each". The fact that our "processor" is built by the age of nine really enforces infant nutrition as a factor in brain development. Many times I am in complete awe of the 3 pounds of goo in our skulls. (I can't confirm this stat right now), but I've heard that the number of possible connections that your brain can make is greater than the total number of atoms in the known universe (10^79).

In an effort to reinforce my coffee vice - Studies continue to show that daily caffeine consumption can protect your brain.

------

Poker Jason also sent me an uplifting article on the likelihood of a massive earthquake in Southern California by the year 2037. It's 99.7%. Then a 5.2 magnitude earthquake hit Illinois... What were the odds of that?

------

Are you as excited as I am for the Tetris movie?



To be honest, I'd much rather see "Minesweeper: The Movie".




Two random thoughts I need to get out of my head:

1) When the light on my DVR is on (showing that it's recording), I guess what it's recording. I'm right about 90% of the time. On the "how sad am I" bell curve of life, I'm beyond the 90th percentile.

2) I found a long spider web strand in my car yesterday. That didn't make me happy.

No comments: