Sunday, April 06, 2008

4/6/08 I Feel Pretty

I'm now on an Adam Sandler kick, thanks to the Billy Madison reference last week.



------

I have a soft spot in my heart for smart people with good intentions. This guy seems to fit the bill. He's using Wii technology to make the Wii extra 3D awesome.



------

You're going to notice a trend today. Everything revolves around video. The lame reason is that I save videos (and articles) periodically with the intention of posting them. But now, since I'm slacking on my duties, they're just piling up like a travel day without a poop. I forget who sent this to me (sorry - you can take credit if I've hurt your feelings), but CBS is offering entire seasons of their old shows online. You can watch MacGyver, the original Star Trek, and The Twilight Zone.



On a similar note, just about every episode of South Park is available for free online.

Unfortunately, there are no re-runs of "Duck Tales" available anywhere I've looked. (Note: I haven't really looked that hard. Or at all.)



In one of my nerdy magazines, there's an article about Free-conomics. How we're entering an economy of free. We're already used to Google's free services - Email with storage, maps, 411, document and spreadsheet software, etc. This also applies to video and the YouTube craze. Your DVR appears to be free (or maybe $20 to install a $250 piece of equipment). Obviously there's a method to the "free" madness. Companies still intend to recover their investments and profit. The above article is worth reading if you have the time.



-----


Oh, Ralphie May...



----

You know how certain songs just seem to appear EVERYWHERE? Your life was just fine without it, but then, all of the sudden, it's like it follows you around. I don't want to bring it up again, but that's how the Umbrella song was a few months ago. When I was a kid the same thing happened with "Once Bitten, Twice Shy". Well, I have a new one for the week. It's in the same ridiculous league as "Umbrella", but I haven't quite decided how they rank. It's called "Handle Bars" by Flobots. It's everywhere. If you don't know it, I almost guarantee you'll hear it 3 times by tax day.

No comments: