Saturday, October 23, 2004

10/23/04 I could teach you but I'd have to charge

I'm watching the World Series and Pujols (pron. "Poo Holes") just came to bat. That's it. He just got a 2 out double off of Roy Hobbs, er, Curt Schilling.

I'm really writing this on the 24th, but I was away, so let's pretend for a second that I wrote this yesterday. Congratulations to Cousin Michael and Rachelle on their marriage. Only in our family would Neil Diamond's "Coming to America" bring everyone out on the dancefloor. And only at their wedding would they be cool playing "Milkshake". Damn right, it's better than yours.

What I learned that night is of great importance. I witnessed the pick-up power of men in tuxes and suits in bars. For probably the first time, well ever, people actually talked to people in my family. It was a sight to behold. I also learned that telling a girl that you got stood up at the alter might make her cry. Next thing you know, you'll be making 12 year old kids cry on a basketball court.

No comments: