Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Good Gear Guide

My good friend, Nigel, in Australia asked me to post a link to his new site. So here it is - The Good Gear Guide. He claims to get as many hits in 3 days as I get in a year, so I really don't know how this is going to help him. But hey, he asked, and he got.

Our IM conversation continued like this:

Me: Does it piss you off that that US owns the internet and you have to settle for a .com.au suffix?

Nigel: No. I'm glad the US owns it.

Me: C'mon. A little bit?

Nigel: Those dumbfuck harebrains at the UN should be kept well away. The idiots who are anti-US are just idiots. What are the other options? Pro-china? Pro-Iran? gimme a farking break already.

Me: You're more pro-US than we are

Nigel: Seriously, they piss me off. They sit in a world, ruled by democracy and human rights, using US technology, protected by US security - and then they trash the US without ever saying anything about anyone else. And anyone with intelligence can see that.

So there you have it. A foreigner who thinks more highly of the U.S. than any American I know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're related to someone who basically agrees w/ Nigel. And he has a super-useful website to boot! I wish I had enough money to be shopping for the LCD/Plasma TVs on his website.

Anonymous said...

If, in fact, we live in a world "ruled by democracy and human rights," I think the US should be criticized. And EVEN IF I'M WRONG about the dubious nature of this administration's intentions, ANY country - ANYONE with power, regardless of their global contributions - should be kept in check. Sure, the US contributes a lot to the world, but does us free reign to do as we please wherever we want? My neighbor was nice enough to fix my car for free, but when I caught him pissing on my lawn, I still gave him shit about it.

Anonymous said...

Kyle T., you have weird neighbors.