Friday, January 20, 2006

1/20/06 DMV

I hate the DMV. Absolutely hate it. If hate were people, China wouldn't be big enough for my hatred of the DMV. I've lived in this state for 14 months now and still have yet to register my car. 12 months were due to lack of initiative. But the last 2 months, I've really kicked it into gear. And I still can't get the sucker registered. It's that kind of anger you feel when you get all of your money in pre flop with aces and lose. You just wait patiently for hours, waiting for the opportune moment to make your move. Then, after all of your waiting, the moment arises and you take it. Only to have your dreams crushed 30 seconds later by some jackass you don't even know.

From the "I could teach you, but I'd have to charge" files: My milkshake brings all the boys to the morgue.

My brother told me about this. He told me he wasn't kidding. But it still sounded like a bad SNL commercial. So I looked it up for myself. Sure enough, he really wasn't joking. He told me about some new "medicine" that is supposed to be able to remove traumatic memories. This could be used for hurricane victims and soldiers amongst others. I'm going to refrain from commenting on how ridiculous I believe this to be. I really don't want to subject you to a 500 word rant. Combine this with my day at the DMV and nobody would be leaving here happy.

Alright - we're going to head into the weekend on a positive note. First Sigur Ros. Now this. What *can't* Iceland do? Iceland is definitely moving up my "Favorite Nation Status" list. Not that I have one. But I'm starting one now. And Iceland is on it. In fact, that should be a new icebreaker question. Instead of "What kind of music do you like?" or "Which movies have you seen lately?", we should ask each other "What are your 10 favorite nations in descending order and why?". I bet you could learn a lot about someone if they answered that question. Sure, it's a big *if*. But if he/she didn't run away immediately, you'd probably get into a pretty neat conversation.

No comments: