Monday, January 28, 2008

1/28/08 Eli

I guess I should talk a bit about the Superbowl before it happens. First, let me say that just about every playoff team I've rooted for has subsequently lost. This goes back to the baseball playoffs in October. Due to my streak of misfortune, Poker Jason (a lifelong Giants fan) has jokingly offered to get me a Patriots jersey of my choice. The truth of the matter though, is that I don't want to see the Patriots win. I've rooted against them all season. The main reason? That I want history to view the 1985 Bears as the best team ever. A 19-0 season by the Patriots would make them arguably better. I'm a homer. I won't apologize for it.

At the same time, Poker Jason is very, very excited and has sent a music video in honor of Eli Manning. He also sent a great clip about (you'll probably never hear me say this again) Hitler picking the Cowboys in the game. But YouTube had to delete it due to some copyright violation. So, if you find it again, let me know. Good luck to his Giants. My prediction? Patriots 39 Giants 16.

The 1985 Chicago Bears. The Greatest football team ever assembled.







Yes. I'm a homer. Only I can talk about a team decades after their prime in the wake of a Superbowl featuring 2 unrelated teams.

-----

P.S. - The most unfortunate headline of 2008. So far.

No comments: