Monday, March 31, 2008

3/31/08 I've Got My Lunch Packed Up, My Boots Tied Tight, I Hope I Don't Get in a Fight



How's your NCAA bracket? You know why this year is fun? Because those of you who have no idea what's going on probably have the final four correct. Those of us who think we're clever and playing above the rim - Not so much.

-----

This is what I get for not writing that often. Everything I wanted to talk about is old news. We could talk about Easter, but that was over a week ago. Why was it so early? Well, here's why: ((19*t+u-w-(u-(u+8)\25)+1)\3)+15)mod30)+(32+2*x+2*y-(19*t+u-w- (u-(u+8)\25)+1)\3)+15)mod30)-z)mod7)-7*(t+11*(19*t+u-w(u- (u+8)\25)+1)\3)+15)mod30)+22*(32+2*x+2*y-(19*t+u-w-(u- (u+8)\25)+1)\3)+15)mod30)-g)mod7)+114)\31

Solving for t (or u or w, they don't define their variables), Easter won't be this early again in your lifetime.

------

Today is opening day for most baseball teams. So, for my fellow White Sox fans, here's a look back at a painful, almost torturous memory - The failed dynasty of 1993.

------

You give your baby's age in months. That stops around 2 years, right? Why stop there? To me, thinking about your age in months is more meaningful. Thinking about your 287 months or 334 months or whatever on earth really puts your time here in better context. Well, let's go one further and calculate your age in days.

------

I promised Shayne Shine that I would promote Earth Hour here. Earth Hour happened 2 days ago. I think it'll happen again in 363 days. So, if you missed Earth Hour 2008, consider this fair preparation for 2009.



------

How does the voice for this commercial say everything with a straight face? Does this kind of 80's advertising still work? Especially for the greatest hits of 2001?



-----

Mike introduced me to a guitar arrangement of Billie Jean (one of my favorite songs). It's done by Chris Cornell (one of my favorite singers). Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out the "Birthday Calculator" on www.paulsadowski.com. If you want to know your age in months, it'll do that. It'll also give you your age in days, minutes, seconds and provide a multitde of random information regarding the date and year of your birth.