Sunday, December 16, 2007

12/15/07 Spaghettification

Word of the day: Spaghettification. Since I'm cool and watch "The Universe" on The History Channel, I had a chance to hear some astrophysicist talk about "Spaghettification". It has to do with black holes. Basically, if you were to head toward a black hole, your body (and, in fact, all of your individual atoms) would start stretching out due to the immense gravitational pull. At which point, you are spaghettified.

-----

From Cousin Jerry via my dad - The Traveler IQ Challenge. It's a lot of fun. Both when you know your geography and when you don't. Close now counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and the Traveler IQ Challenge.

-----

I used to have an SNL crush on Tina Fey. My new SNL crush is on Kristen Wiig. I felt like you needed to know that for some reason.

-----

I was watching High Stakes Poker on YouTube recently and was introduced to Guy Laliberte. He plays during season 4 where the minimum buy in is $500,000. Most of the players I know from watching poker on TV. But he's playing because he's super wealthy. Who is he? The guy who invented/founded/originated Cirque du Soleil. (You'll be proud of me - I almost spelled that right without looking.) It's easy to pick on rich people or to be extra critical of them. But, what I learned on the show, is that he lived on the streets for 10 years as a street performer before any of his stuff took off. He actually attributes his poker skills to his time on the streets having to make some life or death decisions. He also was involved in a $1.2 million pot with David Benyamine that was pretty interesting. (I won't tell you what happens, in case you want to watch).

-----







-----

R.I.P. Dan Fogelberg



No comments: