Monday, April 11, 2005

4/10/05 Let Me Explain

Let me explain my lack of postings lately.... My AC Adapter is broken for my laptop. In the meantime, I've been posting from work when I get a free minute.

So I called Toshiba on Sunday, April 3rd, who said the AC Adapter is under warranty. They said they'd ship back. Firsit to me UPS and that it would be at my apartment within days. The deal also included something on my part - that I ship my bad AC Adapter back to them within 15 days of the phone call. Seven days pass and no shipment. So I call Toshiba again. Every call I make has a crackle in the background with a pretty hefty delay and every representative I talk to has an accent and a fake Americanized name. But they claim to be in Toronto. I called at 10 pm PST, which would be 1 am in Toronto. I don't care that my calls are going overseas - Just don't lie to me about it.

But I digress. After searching my Case Number, they tell me that everything is in order but it hasn't been shipped. After a few more minutes of intense investigation, they tell me that the part is on backorder and have no additional information. They can't tell me when the part will be shipped, when they will get it in stock or why nobody told me during the first call that it wasn't in stock.

In a nutshell, until I can charge my laptop up I can't really spend much time on these posts. Nor can I work on making my poker fortune.

No comments: