Wednesday, April 06, 2005

4/6/05 The Karate Kid

I had a dream the other night that I was The Karate Kid. My dream started at the point where Mr. Miyagi was signing me up for the tournament and he stole the black belt out of the gym bag and handed it to Elizabeth Shue. Who, despite being in my dream, never made out with me. Even my fantasies are disappointing. At this point in my dream I started thinking about how I had never really used my karate in a competitive way... Ever. When I woke up, the whole movie just seemed ridiculous and stupid. How could a kid who has never practiced his skills in his entire life possibly go on to win a tournament?

The only thing I learned today is that you can look up NBA Salaries for the past 3 years on this USA Today site. It's almost amusing to see the Knicks' $94,000,000 sitting in last place in the worst division in basketball.

No comments: