Tuesday, April 05, 2005

4/5/05 Google Maps

Google has once again raised the bar. For those who read this blog pretty religiously, you may remember when Google bought a company called Keyhole. Keyhole made map software and you could try it for free for a week or so. I was a big fan of it. Google has added the satellite technology from the software they bought and have incorporated it into their maps. Check it out before the government figures out what we're up to and takes it offline.

On a more personal note, I'm bummed about the Illini. The boys played their hearts out in the 2nd half and really came up 1 shot short of taking a 73-72 lead. That's quite an amazing comeback from a 40-27 halftime deficit. I also had a realization in the middle of the night. When I think about "my teams", there are really only four. The White Sox, the Bulls, the Bears, and the Illini. Those are the only four teams I feel some sort of positive emotional connection to. In my lifetime, before yesterday, "my teams" had been to 7 championship games. The Bulls were in 6 and the Bears were in 1. They won all 7. Yesterday was the first time in my life that one of "my teams" lost in a championship game. It sucks.

WHOA - Nachos can now lower your cholesterol!

No comments: