Wednesday, May 30, 2007

5/30/07 We Found Him

They found me. I've been hiding. They found me using Google Maps. Which is now awesomer than ever. With live traffic updates. And Street level views of certain cities (New York, San Francisco, Denver and a few others). Just click the button and try it. It's fantastic.

------

The impending oil crisis brings some more tragic news. The ethanol boom is causing a severe tequila shortage.

------

The site www.meetup.com has been has been mentioned to me twice in as many days. Mike sends a neat side by side of why working at Meetup is better than Google.

------

For those of you who are as distrusting of the media as I am - Here are the top 25 censored stories of 2007.

------

There are many things that cause me unease in my life. I could start a list, but I'm sure Blogger has a character limit that I would far exceed. Actually, I don't have the desire or the patience to go into any sort of detail. On that note, I have some good news. One particular event from my childhood caused me agony into my adult life. And, as of yesterday I came to, what I would consider, a resolution. The event was the scene in The Neverending Story where Bastian has to say the princess' name to save Fantasia. During the intense scene with rain and thunder and lightening in the background, Bastian yells - "All right, I'll do it. I'll save you. I will do what I dream! " He then runs to the window and screams "MAA NAA CHHAAAA NAAAAA!!!" What? What did he say? I watched that movie at least a dozen times as a kid hoping to catch what in the hell he said. Thanks to the miracle of free information on the internet, I finally have an answer. Twenty something years of anguish and mental torture is finally over. Her name is Moonchild. (Although, if memory serves me correctly, he rattled off 6 or 7 syllables. So I'm not completely at ease.)





No comments: