Wednesday, February 06, 2008

2/6/08 "There is no security on this earth. Only opportunity." - Douglas MacArthur


Mike recently sent me some comics from XKCD.com. This is one of those comics. I will be posting more - The main reason is that I really, really enjoyed some of them... And I really couldn't think of anyone in particular to send them to. So they're ending up here.
-------
I've been fingerprinted a total of 6 times since November. I've also been fingerprinted a total of 6 times in my entire life. These prints have been sent to the FBI and the Department of Justice. I'm not a criminal. I have no criminal record. In a way, I feel like a piece of my soul has been taken from me. I've already blathered about this before. So I'll stop.
The FBI already has 55 million sets of prints on record. What's next for the FBI? They want palm prints, eye scans and tattoo mapping. When will it end?
  • "Security is when everything is settled. When nothing can happen to you. Security is the denial of life." - Germaine Greer
  • "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller
-------
Speaking of crime - CrimeReports.com now combines crime locations with Google Maps.
-------


No comments: