Monday, July 25, 2005

7/25/05 The Dumbest Rules in Sports

Cousin Eric sends The Dumbest Rules in Sports.
  • "Why do 20-second timeouts last a minute or more?"
  • Second Serves in Tennis - "Oops, sorry. I fully intended to put that one over the net and into the box. How about a do-over?"
  • "The nearest offensive player getting credit when a defender tips in a shot. Uh-uh. Basketball should track own goals, like soccer. What fan wouldn't want to know who leads the league in own goals at the end of each season? Over the last eight years, for instance, we have a sneaking suspicion it would have been Shawn Bradley. But there's only one way to make sure."
  • "The Ground Can't Cause a Fumble in Football - Bull! Did the guy hold onto the ball or not?"

In a sign of my rampant unemployment, I found pictures of toilets in video games. In another sign that I come from a family of losers, my brother asked about toilets in three separate video games. They were all on the webpage.

Hexxagon - it's a game like Othello. It's different in that it's a hexagon instead of a square. It's the same in that I suck at it.

NASA to proceed with shuttle launch, plans to put piece of electrical tape over flashing light indicator.

40 things that only happen in movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

random family connection to Cousin Eric's link: I was Patrick Hruby's sports editor at Georgetown.