Tuesday, July 26, 2005

7/26/05 The Dan Band

I'll admit it. I didn't get out of my apartment until about 1:00 today. And even when I did, it was only to do laundry. But due to my laziness, I caught the greatest show on TV. I was watching Bravo (don't make fun - celebrity poker was on) and immediately after, The Dan Band came on. The Dan Band is made up of 3 dudes who do covers of songs sung by women. Check out their new CD - It has an ABBA medley, Total Eclipse of the Heart, Flashdance/Fame, and best of all, Milkshake. In case you're wondering what to get my for my birthday - this is it.

Eight-Year olds, Dude.

Google Nicki sends another useful website - It's called BugMeNot.com. You know when you want to read an article and you have to register for the website first? Well, not anymore. Just type in the website into Bug Me Not and they'll give you a valid username and password.

Kickball is making a comeback! I wonder if you can still throw the ball at the runner. That was my favorite rule.

I was reminded of a Kurt Vonnegut short story today called "Harrison Bergeron". That's it - I think I read it last in 6th grade or something. It's a pretty neat story.

Here's an interesting article - Why you get stuck for hours at O'Hare. Their conclusion may surprise you.

Sticking with the Chicago theme - There is a proposed skyscraper that would be the world's tallest.

SI lists 20 borderline Baseball Hall of Famers along with their predictions.

NachosRule.com has also surpassed 20,000 pageviews this year. That's way ahead of last year's pace of 27,000! Thanks for the continued support! On a sorta related note, yesterday I checked the NachosRule merchandise sold and some people I don't know actually purchased some NachosRule.com stuff... Somebody actually bought the thong. Her man is one lucky, lucky fella. I'm very jealous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

2nd day in a row of a random family connection to a nachosrule.com link: I took a class with Prof. Goolsbee this year!