Friday, March 30, 2007

3/31/07 MC Rove

I'm sure you've seen the video of Karl Rove rapping and dancing, right? What can you really say about it? That this guy was the "mastermind" behind the Bush campaign strategy? The story I want to tell is about the other dorky white guy from the video - Comedian Colin Mochrie. He's one of my favorite improv guys, made famous from "Whose Line is it Anyways?". (Forgive me if you've heard this story before).

A number of years ago (probably around 2002) for a very brief time I lived near downtown Chicago a few blocks east of Michigan Avenue. To get exercise, I'd walk to my office on Canal Street in the morning (if you know the city, it was quite a hike). One morning I saw a guy a block away walking towards me that looked like Colin Mochrie. But you always see people from a distance that look like celebrities and friends. Add that to my normal morning head fog, I thought nothing of it. Except the closer he got, he still looked like Colin Mochrie. Now, I'm kind of shy (and was more so back then), but at the very last second I decided I wanted to say something to him. What ensued was nothing short of a Chris Farley Show impersonation. All that came out of my mouth was, "You're awesome." He slowed down and politely said, "Thanks." To which I responded, "No man, you're really just AWESOME." He appeared to maybe be getting frightened by my insistence and thanked me again and walked away. To this day I still feel like a jackass for that.

------

This next story was sent by both Cousin Eric and Northwestern Nicole and was featured on PTI... The NIT Championship shirts for West Virginia were misspelled. The say "Virgina". Yikes. On the bright side, I now know who won the NIT.

------

Greg Oden On Final Four Appearance: 'I'm Happier Than I've Been In 30 Years'

-------

Sometimes you wonder why products and services cost what they do. In fact it may be a little infuriating to know how much those products and services have been marked up above cost. Well, simmer on this for a minute - Text messages are marked up 7314% over the cost of the data transfer.

-------

And finally, a fun little game - Jumping Frogs. The object is to get the frogs to the opposite sides. They can jump one rock at a time or they can leap over one of the opposite colored frogs. You'll figure it out.

No comments: