Wednesday, June 01, 2005

6/1/05 Ways to Destroy Earth

Happy June everybody... We're on the back side of Memorial Day and for all I'm concerned, it's officially summer starting today.

Let's kick of the summer right with 10 Ways to Destroy Earth. Somebody really took the time to figure out the likelihood of each one happening and when.

American Idol auditions take place in Austin, San Diego, Memphis, Chicago, Atlanta, Denver, Boston and Paula Abdul's dressing room.

I was curious about how long a fiction book should be. Honestly, I had no idea. I know that books can be anywhere from 100 to 1000 pages, more or less. But how many words is that? 10,000? 100,000? 1,000,000? No idea. So I looked up Harry Potter as my reference. Those books are super-long and I could probably write half as much and have myself a book. Harry Potter IV is 181,000 words long. Harry Potter V is 214,536 words long. I think 100,000 words is a bold, yet achievable personal goal.

Urkel has a blog on NBA.com? I'm speechless.

No comments: