Tuesday, June 21, 2005

6/21/05 Summer Solstice

Happy Official Summer, er something...

My brother taught me something pretty cool today. He was telling me how he heard the exact same scream in a lot of movies - Specifically Star Wars and Indiana Jones. And it's been driving him crazy for years. Turns out, he's got dog ears - he's right. Ben Burtt, sound guy for a lot of George Lucas films, found a scream he really liked, called the Wilhelm Scream. He's used it over 100 times now. He's also responsible for Chewbacca's voice, light sabers, the Raiders of the Lost Ark boulder, etc, etc...

In a bit of good news, there will be an NBA season next year. It's about time that owners and players can figure out how to divide up billions of dollars. Thanks Cousin Eric.

From my dad - The best team nobody cares about.

I feel the need to rant a little today. So in no particular order....

  • I'm tired of turning on the TV and opening up my internet browser and seeing CWS, getting all excited to see the Chicago White Sox, only to find the College World Series. Don't care. Quit being such a tease.
  • Missing kid stories - also don't care. Missing girl case that's in Aruba for some reason? Don't care. Boy scout in Utah? Don't care. The following headline sums it up perfectly - "Reports: Missing Utah scout found alive. Media scrambles to find next missing white person to waste valuable airtime on"
  • Terry Schiavo - Didn't care when it was actually a story. Really don't care now.
  • When will NutraSweet finally be listed as a toxin by the FDA? Most people I know don't like it when I bad mouth NutraSweet. But seriously, that stuff is horrible for you.

No comments: