Monday, June 20, 2005

6/20/05 100 Meter Dash

A 95 year old Japanese man broke the 100 meter dash record for his age group. 22.04 seconds. Which got me to thinking, could I run it faster than him? And if not, could I be more worthless? And even if I could, the fact that I'm not sure is really sad. Seriously though, world class athletes run it in just under 10 seconds. So I wouldn't even come close to that. But how long would it take? 15? 20? 25? Man, I'm pathetic.

Continuing on the awkward sports theme - The Tour de France is for pussies. Try the 3,052 mile race across America. With no breaks for sleep. Sleep if you want, my friend... You'll only fall behind. It's a funny article - people consider riding into a ditch and breaking their arms so they can get some sleep.

Spin Magazine has announced its top album of the last 20 years. "This is what you get when you mess with us." I couldn't agree more.

No comments: