Monday, June 06, 2005

6/6/05 Captain EO

Remember the "Captain EO" movie from EPCOT Center? That was awesome, wasn't it? I read today that it cost more than a million dollars per minute of film to make. I miss those days where I looked up to Michael Jackson.

On my Launchcast station, I've gotten hooked on a band called Hayseed Dixie. They remake a lot of popular rock songs in the style of bluegrass. Did I just write "in the style of bluegrass"? Well, they rock out all blue grassy like to tunes like "Highway to Hell" and "Feel Like Making Love". Here are a bunch of live recordings if you want to check them out.

I've also gotten into the comedy of Bill Hicks on my Launchcast station. I can't get enough of his brilliance. So I decided today to read when he's coming on tour. He died in 1994 from pancreatic cancer at the age of 32. I had no idea. From what I read, he was on the verge of making it mainstream when he passed.

The Bill Hicks site then lead me to SacredCow.com where one of the video clips is a tribute to Bill Hicks on the 10th anniversary of his death. There's also a whole bunch of anti-government, new world order, skull and bones conspiracy clips in addition to other stand-up comedy videos on the site.

No comments: