Monday, July 24, 2006

7/24/06 Chimp vs. Chump

You may have noticed I'm not writing as often as I used to on the weekends. It's in part because people visit this site far more often during the week (probably from work during stretches of boredom). It's also in part due to my abstention from using my computer a whole lot during the weekend. Between the obscene heat (with no AC in my apartment) and... well, now that I think about it, it was because of the heat. I couldn't stand to be in my apartment much all weekend. And when I was there, I wasn't in the writing mood. I was more in the "sitting in my boxers in front of a fan and watching 24: Season 4" mood. Seriously though, I think I'm not sleeping well from the heat and it's starting to catch up with me. But fear not. I'm in the air conditioned office (one perk of working, I suppose) and am ready to keep posting.

---------

You think it's tough busting out of the World Series of Poker? Try losing to a chimp. (Thanks to, who else... Poker Jason).

---------

Like I said last week, the baseball trade deadline keeps me way too occupied online. Already today, I've received phone calls and emails about White Sox doings. So, in case you're a super hardcore White Sox fan, you might enjoy SouthSideSox.com. It's a place for yahoos to waste lots of time and post about anything White Sox related. From that site, I found the team's payroll through 2010.

In related news, Waa Haa... I told you there's some sort of 10-year-ago retro music trend going on.

No comments: