Thursday, July 06, 2006

7/6/06 Giggity Giggity Goo

Maria Sharapova: "I won't stop grunting." Giggity.

The USA today is all over breaking news... People prefer power windows to hand cranked windows in their cars.

The fact that I can't check personal email or use IM at work is negatively impacting my social relationships with friends and family. It's sad in a lot of ways. It's sort of sad that I rely on electronic communication in place of face-to-face communication. But it's even sadder than I honestly don't keep in touch with enough of my friends and family anymore. My brother and I used to IM one another from work at least once an hour. Now, neither of us have IM at work and haven't really spoken in over a week. By the time I get home at night, I try to respond to one or two personal emails, but, in general, they pile up and I feel like a jerk when I wait 3 weeks to respond. But that's what's been happening in recent months. So, in a way, I'm apologizing for not getting back to anyone that hasn't heard from me in a while. But, more to the point, I'm super pissed that I can't be trusted to manage my down time in the office to catch up on emails. So now, during my down time, I waste the opportunity to keep in touch and spend it doing other mindless, useless activities. Like finding new and unique sudoku puzzles. And calculating the White Sox' magic number. And wondering why my body wastes proteins and cell divisions on making finger nails.

No comments: