Wednesday, July 26, 2006

7/26/06 Peak Oil


I'm reading a book about Peak Oil and how all of the recent wars have been in the planning for decades. And that those wars are completely about controlling the remaining oil (and other hydrocarbon reserves) on earth. Oh, and basically we're all pretty much screwed in the next 10 years or so. What have I learned? That sooner or later we're running out of oil and we're going to have to deal with it within our lifetimes. In fact, demand has just recently outpaced supply and the high prices are here to stay (actually, a decade from now, we'll be dreaming of $3 a gallon).

Oh, and I'm thinking that buying a little land on a lake in Montana might not be such a bad idea. If you want to join me, we can get a foosball table, put up a basketball hoop, maybe play poker and have some fun while the rest of the world goes to hell.

--------

Lance Bass of N-Sync admits that he's gay. In related news, the sky is blue, there's no peace in the Middle East, Mark Buehrle sucks and I took a poop today.

--------

I'm pretty sure I posted this a while back (courtesy of a Google Nicki IM - Speaking of, where are you, Google Nicki?) But it's cool, so it's worth a re-post. What celebrity do you look like?

No comments: