Friday, May 20, 2005

5/20/05 Cross Town Classic

It's the time of year again... Interleague Play has begun. The big story on Sport Illustrated's website is "Whose Curse is Worse?". While it may not be clear which Chicago team has it worse, they both seem to be proud of their own curse. "Hey why don't I just got and eat some hay. I can lay by the bay, make things out of clay, I just may, what'd ya say?" I realized that I just wrote a rhyming sentence and was making fun of myself just then. Bonus points if you can name the movie...

While I'm on the subject, SI also has the 10 Greatest characters in Chicago Baseball History. Sadly, Ronnie Woo Woo made the list.

Paula Abdul's half Jewish. Pete Sampras is too.

As a kid I remember watching a video called "Powers of Ten". It starts with a guy lying in a field and zooms out by powers of ten. At some point, you're outside of the galaxy and the video goes into reverse. Soon enough you end up inside the guy's cells. It was a powerful video when I was a kid. Turns out, I'm not the only person who was influenced by this video. The big difference between me and the guy in the article is that the guy in the article is actually doing something interesting and productive with his life. I, on the other hand, well, am pretty much a worthless pile of cow dung in comparison. The video looked like this but way cooler. For $25 you can buy the cool video.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Gilmore, one of the Top 5 Comedies of all-time.