Thursday, May 26, 2005

5/26/05 WNBC

You know how radio stations have their own little jingles? Like when Howard Stern had to learn to say "W NNNNN B C". They're usually short, cute, to the point. A lot of times there' s a little song to them, like "Mix 101.9". (Sorry, I haven't learned how to portray music while I write in text. If you live in Chicago, you know what I mean.) Anyhoo... The whole point of this rant has to do with KOLA 99.9 FM. WNBC? 4 syllables. Mix 101.9? 6 syllables. Short. Cute. To the point. KOLA's jingle? "KOLA 99.9. K-O-L-A. San Bernadino!". 16 syllables. Too much. It's like their jingle has enough notes for 10 syllables and they cram in 16 really fast. It doesn't work. KOLA - If you need some help, I'm offering my services. Free of charge. We can come up with a more appropriate jingle if you'd like.

On to the facts and fun stuff...

You've seen Stars Wars. You've probably seen most, if not all of the sequels and prequels. But have you seen Star Wars in ASCII format?

I found a map. It says it's got something to do with buried treasure.

Finally some good news about hackers... Vigilante hackers are striking back at fraud sites by defacing them.

There's a sweet ass theater near where I work. I just found out about it today. Every Wednesday they play a classic movie. Wednesday June 8th... Spielberg's finest work to date.

Ok, I know this is a long post. But there's a cartoon in need to share. It's called Hay Fever (you'll need to install ESPN Motion, I think - It's a painless, no-reboot-required install). If you're a guy, you should be able to relate. Which also brings me to the question of the day. Which movie/movies make you teary eyed? For me it's the same movie in the Hay Fever clip. And "ET" made me upset when I was 4 or 5 years old and I saw it in the theater.

No comments: