Wednesday, May 04, 2005

5/4/05 Freeway Shootings

Freeway shootings have become so commonplace in Southern California that, after the 8th shooting in less than 2 months, a Freeway Shooting Team has been established. The good news is that out of 11 shootings this year, only 4 have been fatal. So the odds are still pretty good even if you do happen to get shot at.

Some dumbass army recruiters are now under investigation. Two journalists posed as high school dropouts with drug problems. The article has details of the ensuing hilarity.

VoteForTheWorst.com is encouraging people to vote for the worst American Idol candidate. At least American Idol now has an excuse for why the show sucks so badly. I've seen karaoke nights with better singers. (Note: I refuse to watch the show out of my own free will. My roommate was watching it when I came home last night).

In a goodwill gesture toward our soldiers in Tikrit, Iraq, the Brummer brothers have launched Operation Salami Drop.

This T-Shirt Rules.

I finally read Mark Cuban's blog. I, personally, hold a favorable opinion of him. Others have disagreed.

Google Maps have made my blog again... This time there's a page full of Interesting Satellite Maps. Like Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch, Bill Gates' house, the White House and the Vegas Strip.

This guy that works right across from me is a big Baltimore Orioles fan. And as an avid White Sox fan, I began thinking how this year could be a repeat of 1983, where Baltimore and Chicago met in the ALCS. I then checked to see who met in the NLCS that year. The Dodgers and Phillies. The White Sox, Orioles and Dodgers currently have 3 of the best 4 records in baseball. The difference from 1983 is that instead of the Phillies and Orioles in the World Series, the White Sox and Dodgers are bound to meet up.

No comments: