Monday, August 01, 2005

8/1/05 Design Flaws in Public Restrooms

Someone has dedicated a blog to Design Flaws in Public Restrooms. A note to the guy who writes the blog - There's a bathroom in Miami where I had to bank my stream off the wall in order to hit the toilet. Several of my family can give their own personal accounts of this bathroom. I'll let you know where it is if you feel like adding it to your blog.

Why I will never have a girlfriend. Mathematically proven.

Mathematically unproven - 10 Reasons why I broke up with you.

The greatest sports headline of the year - Click your region if it asks. (And no, it has nothing to do with Rafael Palmeiro getting caught using steroids or the major league leading White Sox 4 game sweep of the Orioles.)

There's a relatively new radio station in Southern California - Jack FM. Their slogan is "Playing what we want". And that's what they do. I was driving home yesterday when AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" came on. At the time it seemed to pump me up as I was driving down PCH. I was all "AND I'M GOING DOOOOOWWWWWWN..... ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYY.... (long pause)... On a highway to Hellllll". Next thing I knew the station was playing "Shiny Happy People". Listen guys, you can play what you want, but if it's gonna be a buzz kill, I'm changing the station.

Why cell phone service here (in the US) sucks.

The world's most powerful magnet. In a "Real Genius" type moment, you begin to wonder - What would anyone need with a magnet that "weighs more than 15 tons and has a magnetic field 420,000 times that of the Earth's -- strong enough to pull a metal object out of a person's hand and send it flying".

In more science news - here's what Saturn sounds like. Strangely, it sounds like sci-fi movies from the 50s. Eerie.

Here's some dude dunking over 5 guys. DAMN!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a JackFM playing what they want in Chicago and Toronto. I wonder if it's a chain.

http://www.nachosrule.com said...

You're absolutely right - I did a little research, and yes, it is a chain. http://www.jack.fm/

Anonymous said...

That Jack FM sounds awesome. Reminds me of the time I went into a bar in Chicago and the DJ played - in this order - "Mr Brownstone" by Guns N Roses, "Cecelia" by Simon and Garfunkel, and "Kielbasa Sausage" by Tenacious D. Huzzah for a radio station like that!