Monday, August 08, 2005

8/8/05 Ringback Tones

Old and busted: Customized Rings. New hotness: Ringback Tones. My brother told me about, what he called, "the stupidest idea ever" a week or two ago. He told me about "ringback tones" for your cell phone. Now, you can customize the ring that your caller hears when they call you. In fact, you can have different songs for different callers. In true brotherly fashion, I had to take the opposite side of his argument and I have gone as far as ordering a ringback tone for my phone. Honestly, I am not real sure about the idea either. But I was really bored the other night and found a song I really found appropriate. So I ponied up the $1.99 for the song and the $0.99 for the monthly subscription. So far, money well spent.

The 2005 Rock Paper Scissors International Championships will be held on October 22nd. If I'm employed and can afford to go, I'll be there.

I've got something in common with the Guantanamo detainees. And it's not wanting G. W.'s head on a stick.

Brian (some dude who thinks he's Nostradamus) is making a whole lot of bold predictions. His latest prediction - 9.5 Earthquake hits California. Don't worry about me - I'll be out of the state that day.

For White Sox fans out there - Their Magic Number. It stands at 39. If you're a Chicago Sports fan, it's definitely worth signing up for that website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to call you to hear the appropriate tone - my work phone has one as well.