Friday, September 16, 2005

9/16/05 I'll take "Ape Tit" for $600, Alex

Every Celebrity Jeopardy skit, ever, in one place. Maybe I was wrong when I was sitting in my cublicle around hour 39 this week of staring at a wall, cursing to myself, "There is no God".

Nintendo releases its design for their new controller. It's the frontrunner to surpass ColecoVision as "Worst controller design ever.

The Government gives you a $2000 card to do with as you please. Where would you go?

This is what I thought Roshambo really was after watching South Park.

This guy has William Hung written all over him.

20 things tech companies don't want you to know.

Like Marble Madness. Without the cool theme song.

In response to my complaint about the Nachos Rule blog on Google's blog search, Google Nicki IMs me - "Maybe to up your placement in the blog listing for nachos you should include more references to nachos in your listings." There is NO way that any other blog mentions nahcos more than this one. Not a chance. My challenge is to find one that does. It'll be harder than proving Fermat's Last Theorem. Speaking of, I thought I figured it out at work, given all my free time. 1782^12 + 1841^12 = 1922^12. Eh, close enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Google has hired a google of Joel Jonses (aka CS PhDs) and they decided not to rank pages by word count, but by stature within the WWW community. They measure that by seeing who links to you. If all sorts of shit links to you, they figure you're important (at least enough to link to) and you'll appear towards the top of searches.

You can jack w/ PageRank. A while ago a bunch of college kids linked the word "shithead" to some presedential website. Eventually it resulted in a search for "shithead" returning the White House's website as the #1 result.