Wednesday, September 28, 2005

9/28/05 Sudoku

I must live in bubble world. According to CNN, Sudoku is all the rage in the U.S. I had never heard of it until today. It's sort of like a crossword puzzle with numbers. I printed out and tried the 2 sample ones from the CNN article. The easy one was, well, easy. And the medium one... took me far longer to complete than I would have expected. On the surface the concept seems so simple. But, like the Rubik's Cube, it's not necessarily so.

Farming of the future. A company called OrganiTech is proposing using technology and skyscrapers to grow food. Read the article - it's interesting.

Mike, what would I do without your brilliant links? I've always said that if I were wealthy, the first thing I'd buy is one of those top end massage chairs. Now I'm not so sure - The Swash might have ousted the chair on top of my list.

And while we're on the subject.... (thanks again to Mike)

Ah, the final week of baseball. And all of the "what if" scenarios. I put together my own "what if" scenario today. What if the White Sox (94 wins) lost their remaining 5 games? And what if the other 3 teams in the hunt (Cleveland, Boston and New York - 92 wins each) all won their last 5 games? Well, Boston and New York play each other 3 more times - so they can't both win out. So Cleveland would finish with 97 wins and the best record. And Boston and New York can finish with 96 and 95 wins if they each win at least one game in their final series together. Which would leave the White Sox one game short of the wild card with 94 wins. All that being said, the White Sox really need to win one more game OR one of those teams needs to lose one more game to guarantee a tie. You'd think they'd be ok. But this is Chicago - ya never know :)

No comments: