Thursday, March 09, 2006

3/8/06 Feliz Dia de la Mujer

I got an IM this morning from my friend Lucia in Mexico. She writes "No me has felicitado!" with an angry face. Which basically means, "You haven't made me happy!" Women. Now I had to guess what in the world she's all upset about. (Note: I haven't seen Lucia in a year and a half. It's not like we ever dated, even though she made it out to be like we were married for 20 years and I forgot our anniversary. I couldn't even fathom what she was all upset about.) She tells me it's "Dia de la Mujer". Which translates to "Woman's Day". I had no idea. I told her that every day is woman's day. I meant it in a condescending way, since women always seem to get what they want. But she figured I was just being a gentleman, always trying to make women happy. I not a smart man, but I'm not an idiot. I just agreed with her. So, to all of the women reading this blog, I wish you a very happy woman's day.

Barry Bonds photo montage - Through the Years.

Scientists have created the highest temperature ever on earth. 3.6 BILLION degrees. Which is hotter than the core of the sun. Oh, and "They don't know how they did it."

Deal or No Deal - Play the game online. Try it. Maybe you'll agree with me.

If you haven't watched Drawn Together, they are having a marathon on Saturday on Comedy Central. Tivo or DVR it. It's worth checking out. If you're into honest, in your face, politically incorrect humor.

Are you bored at work? Or bored somewhere else (as the case may be)? The Sports Guy's mailbag is always great to read, on or off the toilet. One of my favorite emails:

"Q: So Bill, I just wanted to congratulate you on your book -- it's funny, touching, intelligent. But most importantly, for me anyway, your book is 189 poops long. Thanks for the memories!"

He also mentioned this SNL skit - Lazy Sunday.

I'm sure I'm in the minority and I'm sure it's due to my excess of free time... But I'm getting into the World Baseball Classic. I was playing poker online during the US vs. Canada game. And I found myself really pulling for the US comeback. I was pulling so much, that my poker play began to coincide with my feelings for the game. Allow me to explain. The US was down by 2 in the 8th inning with 2 outs and 2 men on. They needed a big hit. So, I started playing really aggressive poker, thinking that I needed to make something happen now. When, in reality, I didn't. Do you have any idea what it's like to know that your daytime poker play is being affected by a meaningless baseball game? It's just sad on SO many levels. I won't even begin to break it down.

While I'm on the topic of really sad things I did today, I might as well mention my big mistake. On Sunday I bought a Playstation 2. I haven't purchased any video game systems in nearly a decade. I was just THAT bored and I cracked. At the time I knew it was a huge mistake. But I did it anyways. It must be similar to the way Robert Downey Jr. feels every time he does coke.

Back to the sad story - I noticed that the Playstation 2 has a jack for internet. So I set it up. And, out of the 3 games I bought, only one had online play. Next thing I knew, I was playing Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. Against 10 year olds. And they were choking me and killing me.

Yup. That was my day.

No comments: