Saturday, November 10, 2007

11/10/07 In Memory of Matt


Ten years ago a very near and dear friend of mine passed away.

Matt was one of the kindest, gentlest souls I've ever met. To this day I continue to wonder what path his life would have taken. Last I remember, he wanted to be a veterinarian which was right in tune with his caring nature.

It's amazing how quickly ten years can go. This may put things into perspective... The last I remember hanging out with Matt before we went back to our respective colleges for the fall was for the famous Mike Tyson vs. Evander Holyfield ear biting fight. Yup. That was ten years ago. I've never told anyone this before, but highlights of that fight bring back memories of Matt every time I see them.

While death is inevitable, dying young never seems quite fair. For whatever reason, Matt died way too young. Many of us continue to miss him, even a decade later.

No comments: