Friday, November 05, 2004

11/5/04 Beaver

I had never been so happy to see Beaver. This might come as a surprise, but this Beaver was a sight to behold. The story goes that I had gone about 150 miles since my last fill up when I passed a gas station. No need to get gas, right? Well, after my odometer reached 300 miles, I started to get a little worried. Especially since the next city on the roadsigns was another 85 miles away. I'm not quite sure I would have made it that far.

Which is where Beaver came into play. Beaver, Utah sprang out of nowhere. An oasis in an otherwise barren, mountainous landscape of beautiful Utah. I know this story sounds lame, but I was seriously concerned that I was going to run out of gas in the middle of the desert mountain highway. And there were definitely stretches of road with no services for 150 miles or more. And no cell phone reception in just about the entire state. But seriously, I recommend a visit to Utah for the scenery. It is absolutely breathtaking. I've never seen stars at night like I once did camping near Arches National Park.

No comments: