Monday, November 01, 2004

11/1/04 Whine of the Week

From my dad - Whine of the Week

Also, I realize the link to the toothbrushes from yesterday doesn't work. But if you right click and "Save Target As", it'll download.

Speaking of 'right click and "Save Target As",' all things Russian seems to bring a smile to my face. I read somewhere that they were about to nuke us, but were too busy watching this show.

On a personal note, I'm still moving in a couple of days. I'm starting a new sections with pictures called "Nachos on the Road".

From the bottom of this article...
So how did the Boston Red Sox really beat the New York Yankees?
According to first baseman Kevin Millar, the team had an ally named Jack Daniel.
On Friday's edition of Fox's Best Damn Sports Show Period, Millar noted it was about 35 degrees at Yankee Stadium before Game 6.
"I got a thing of Jack Daniel's and we all did shots for about 10 minutes before the game. And we won," Millar recalled.
"So Game 7 came and we had to do shots of Jack Daniel's. And we won the game."
Millar said he was thankful the Red Sox won the World Series in four games "because the Jack Daniel's shots were starting to kill me."

And finally, most people would say it's my social responsibility to say to get out tomorrow and vote. But I say, do whatever you want tomorrow. If you feel strongly about voting, go for it. If you feel strongly about not voting, do that too. A childhood friend gave me the best advice I've ever received. He always said, "You do what you want to do and you don't do what you don't want to do". Good advice.

No comments: