Sunday, May 21, 2006

5/21/06 Border Patrol

I've been receiving a lot of emails lately about the U.S. immigration policy. The vast majority of the emails are coming from friends of mine in Mexico. The messages are real similar to the ridiculous forwards you normally get... Like, "Don't buy gas at Exxon or Shell and they'll be forced to lower their prices". But in this case it's... "Senator [don't remember his name] from Wisconsin voted against the legalization of immigrants. He is also a chairman at Kimberly Clark. Therefore, boycott all Kimberly Clark products." While both methods are pretty useless, the point here is the importance of the issue. From the huge outpouring of emails about the immigration issue from my friends in Mexico, it is clearly evident that it is a very hot topic there. Even more so than it is here.

That being said, I really don't have an official stance on the immigration issue. I don't even have an unofficial stance. I know people that have strong opinions on both sides and I understand all of the points of view. But one thing I can appreciate is clever solutions to problems like this. My vote for the most clever solution is Gator Aid.

ESPN columnist Gene Wojciechowski on the scene... "Albert Pujols is great." (Completely agreed). The St. Louis Cardinals are tied for the major league's best record with the "Chicago White Sox and Detroit Lions". (Ummm.)

No comments: