Monday, August 13, 2007

8/12/07 Chorizo

At the grocery store today, I started looking at foods I normally don't buy. I was in a mood to change things up. One of the foods I started checking out was chorizo. I've had some real good chorizo tacos in my Mexico days. And I figured to bring those days back. At least in my mouth. At the same time, I'm also a label reader. I avoid certain ingredients, like MSG. I start reading the chorizo ingredients. As you know, ingredients are in order of content from most to least. They began: "Beef salivary glands, lymph nodes and fat..." I swallowed the little bit I threw up in my mouth, put the chorizo back down and continued shopping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe scrapple is more to your liking

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrapple

Charlotte Dan