Friday, August 17, 2007

8/17/07 Answers

No Longer Neighbor Natalie is back in full force. She sends "Answers I wish I thought of".

------

Worst compliment of the week: "The moment I met you, I pegged you as an accountant." (Given by the same person who compared me to George Costanza recently).

------

Do you have free time today? And access to YouTube at work? Good. Here are the 50 greatest commercials of the 80's. I learned from watching you!

------

When I was growing up, I remember a big push to move away from paper bags at the grocery store in order to save trees. Then a decade or so later, there was another push to stop using plastic bags because of their harm on the environment. Now, you have to make one of those cognitive dissonance type decisions every time you're done buying food - Kill a tree or non-biodegrade? You feel like it's a no win situation, right? That either choice you make is morally harmful.

Well, the point here is that we're so bombarded with information like this that it's nearly impossible to feel good about anything you do anymore. And just so you feel even worse, I present this argument: "Walking damages the planet more than going by car." It's simple - Food production (which leads to consumption and body energy) is more energy intensive than the equivalent driving distance. There are more carbon emissions in that food production than come from your car. At this point, nothing you do for the rest of your life can be construed of moral or ethical. You're welcome :)

-------

Finally, from the "So hot, want to touch the hiney" files: No Longer Neighbor "I told you she was in full force" Natalie sends an interview with Winnie Cooper.

-------





No comments: