Monday, August 06, 2007

8/5/07 I Love "The Money Pit"

I've recently been taking credit for some quote I heard on some science show. Well, I haven't exactly been taking credit, but I've been repeating it. The last couple times I've been to the beach, I've told my friends to pick up a handful of sand. And to imagine each grain of sand as a star in the sky. That's a lot of stars, right? Then we look at the entire beach and imagine all of the sand as one star per grain. That's a ridiculous amount of stars, right? The quote I'm "stealing" is "...the total number of stars in the universe is greater than all the grains of sand on all the beaches of the planet Earth." It's almost inconprehensible. But it's absolutely true. And it's a reminder of how small and insignificant we are here on earth in the grand scheme of things.

-----

If you needed another reason to take your shirt off in public... Sunshine helps fight against breast cancer.

------

This is, by far, one of my favorite Family Guy scenes.

No comments: