Wednesday, June 14, 2006

6/14/06 Curiousity Killed the Credit Union.

Today is "throwback day". Unlike baseball, which brings back uniforms of years past, the internet makes articles old after only weeks. So, I'm going through my bookmarks of articles I've wanted to post in the last month, but didn't.

Note to self. Don't pick up a random USB drive and plug it into your computer. This article describes how a group left 20 random USB drives at a credit union. 15 of them were found and all 15 were plugged into computers at the credit union. Trojans had been loaded onto all of the USB drives and had infected the credit union network.

"Road Rage Disorder". This article gives me "The media makes up disorders and I hate them for it disorder". What's wrong with getting upset while sitting in hours of traffic everyday? If you ask me, if you're perfectly content, with a grin on your face, sitting in traffic for 10-20% of your waking life, that's closer to what might be considered a disorder. If I ever see a TV advertisment for presciption Road Rage Disorder medication, God help me. What would they call it? Raginol? Drivenex? And what better place to have diarrhea, bloody stools, upset stomach and whatever other normal side effects come with medication than in your car. So, for what it's worth... If you sometimes get upset while driving, there's nothing wrong with you. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

No comments: