Wednesday, June 28, 2006

6/28/06 National Handshake Day

It's National Handshake Day. So, live it up. Shake a hand.

It's friggin' hot out! I can't tell where my ball sweat ends and my swamp ass begins. I went out for lunch this afternoon and my car said the temperature was 103. I didn't quite believe the thermometer, so I checked online for the local weather where I work. Sure enough, it was 100. This is, by far, the hottest week I've experienced in California.

So that must mean that the ice caps are melting and sea levels are rising, right? Wait, they're not? The Arctic Circle seas levels are falling? So, what you're really trying to tell me is that "global warming" isn't exactly a global problem? That it's more of a regional thing? Let me see if I understand - In some places glaciers are melting, but in other places they're getting bigger? And that leaves overall seas levels pretty stable? Hmm. I think I get it. Thanks for the clarification.

No comments: