Sunday, June 18, 2006

6/18/06 Nose Job

I had a dream that I got a nose job. I don't remember the procedure, but I looked at myself in a reflective window and wasn't really happy with my decision. My nose was very nose job-ish, all slender, kind of pointy and turned upwards slightly. The goofy part is that, out of everything I would ever consider changing about my appearance, my nose isn't on the list. Ok, dream interpreters out there... what does this all mean?

For the second time in less than a year, I've vowed to quit drinking coffee. I love coffee, so this is really hard. I'm on day 10 without a cup. The first 3 or 4 days were pretty tough. I won't go into the details here, but, if you're a coffee drinker, you know what I'm talking about. Even 10 days later, I still have to talk myself out of having coffee as I'm getting ready every morning. Through it all though, there has been something very fulfilling about the whole experience. I feel much more energetic in the evenings. And I'm generally much more patient (and occasionally more motivated) throughout the day. Every time I try and quit drinking coffee, I start seeing articles showing its benefit. This time though, I'm going to ignore the article and stick to my guns.

No comments: