Monday, April 17, 2006

4/17/06 New Religion

I've been doing a whole lot of soul searching lately. Actually, I've spent the better part of my life soul searching. Which leads me to my big announcement. I've found a religion that suits me. And I'm dedicating my life to it.

You probably notice that I post a lot of science articles. Well, here's more proof that scientists rock.

Two more things...

First, I'm sad to announce that I have a new job. And, from the looks of it, it might be pretty intense. So, take it for what it's worth. But it might mean that I may not be posting as often as usual.

Second... One of the worst poker moves I've ever experienced just happened online. The top 3 players get money. There were 3 of us left. And for every place we move up, the more money we get. Blinds were 300/600. I had the most chips and was first to act. The important thing here is that the guy in the small blind only had 200 chips and didn't even have enough for his blind. I have AJ, but decide, for the best interest of the game, I am just going to call for 600. The big blind (who I trapped twice and I had him for all of his chips, sucked out on me both times) decides to raise to 1600. I end up folding my AJ. The dumbass raiser in the big blind had K 8 off suit. Fortunately the small blind had K 2 and was knocked out. Just in case you're ever in the same situation... check. Knocking a player out is far more important than any additional chips you can win.

No comments: