Monday, April 03, 2006

4/3/06 The UnSexiest Men Alive

Alright. Finally something I can relate to. The 100 unsexiest men alive.

For those of you that missed the first game of the season, here is ESPN's intro. Thanks to Childhood Neighbor Jason for sending the link.

I'm planning on having a party tomorrow night (actually early Wednesday morning) for 01:02:03 04/05/06. Party at my place.

Every year, I look forward to this ESPN article. If you're a baseball fan, I'm sure you'll enjoy their Predictions for 2006. They take their shots at Johnny Damon's arm, AJ Pierzynski in general, Carlos Beltran, Barry Bonds... the list goes on and on.

Some of my favorites:

April 18 -- Indians pitcher C.C. Sabathia asks the team's equipment manager why he keeps getting stuck with hats that have off-center brims.
April 29 -- In a rematch of the 2005 ALCS between the White Sox and Angels, Chicago catcher A.J. Pierzynski strikes out in all four of his plate appearances, but manages to score each time in a 4-3 White Sox win.

May 8 -- Cubs starter Carlos Zambrano experiences elbow problems for the second year in a row due to spending too much time online "e-mailing his brother," according to a team report. But since Zambrano also is reported to be suffering from poor eyesight and unusual hair growth on his palms, many suspect the "e-mailing his brother" claim is a cover story.

June 10 -- Mariners outfielder Carl Everett tells teammate Ichiro Suzuki that he doesn't believe he exists because he's never come across any mention of Japanese people in the Bible.

August 21 -- A strike by a local beer distributor leaves Wrigley Field without beer for one game, forcing 40,000 Cubs fans to watch a game sober and realize for the first time that they've been watching some pretty awful baseball over the past 100 years.

Which horoscope sign has the most billionaires? Virgos.

Poker talk once again - I was thinking about some April Fool's joke about poker the other day, but nothing seemed funny. I was heads up at the end of a 10 person tournament. We had almost exactly the same stack of 10,000 chips each. Blinds are 200/400. I get dealt A6 offsuit. I make it 1,000 to go. He calls. Flop comes 6 5 5 with 2 hearts and a club. I'm 98% sure I have the best hand. He would've re-raised preflop with any pocket pair bigger than 6 6. And the chances he has a 5 is very slim - I'm willing to take the chance. But he could more likely have a straight or flush draw. So, after he checks, I go all in for 8000 into a pot of 2000. That way he can't make a move and re-raise to try and steal. I'm shocked by the call and am expecting 2 hearts. He flips over 9 8 of clubs. What hand could he possibly think he's beating me with? He has to believe that I have one card higher than 9 in my hand. So, at best, he's maybe 40% to win. At best. That's if I don't have a bigger pair like 10 10 or JJ. What happens? He hits runner runner clubs to get his flush. I suppose I'll take a 60/40 gamble for all of my chips any day. I was just on the wrong end of the gamble this time around.

No comments: