Saturday, April 29, 2006

4/29/06 I Hate Pennies

I hate pennies. I really do. When I first started writing this blog, I had an entire penny rant, including links to some anti-penny coalition. I suppose I can really sum up my feelings this way.... The value of a penny in 1960 is the same value as a nickel today (actually it's 5.26 cents, but I'm guessing nobody cares but me.) I can't find inflation data from before 1960, but I'm guessing that the value of a penny back in Tom Sawyer days is closer to our quarter. They are just worthless wastes of space that end up collecting dust on my dresser. Well, Pennies now cost 1.4 cents to make. Each. There. That should be reason enough to get rid of them.

This guy is living the dream.

Speaking of living the dream (or not, as the case may be), I find myself increasingly out of the loop when it comes to new lingo. I'm beginning to feel a bit like Larry King; introducing things that are new and interesting to me, but have been public knowledge for months (or years in his case). Yes, I'm taking that risk. But it's just that important to talk about UFIA. UFIA is spreading like a nasty case of herpes. here's the definition (not quite safe for work).

No comments: