Wednesday, October 18, 2006

10/17/06 Smoke My Sausage

Ok, there's something about Carl's Jr. commercials that just kills me. It's like they're written after a long night of partying by 19 year olds at 4 am. I've spent the last day thinking I had gone insane after seeing on of their newer commercials. The premise is some good looking soldier guy talking about how his girlfriend is tired of him smoking and smelling like smoked hickory. So he decides to get the Carl's Jr. breakfast sandwich (which makes no sense, I know... Just watch it and it'll be a little less confusing). He finishes the commercial saying - "I’ll just go to Carl’s Jr. and let them smoke my sausage.". I'm sure you're thinking the same thing I am. They allowed him to say that on TV? On a commercial? So I go around searching for a clip of this to prove that I'm not making it up. I find it on the Carl's Jr. website. But it's edited. All I can find is some other blog that mentions the same ad. If you happen to run across the unedited version... PLEASE add it in the comment section or email it to me. It's pretty friggin' hilarious. (As an added bonus, the Carl's Jr. site has the "Milkshake" commercial too).

-------

The American Express Card.... Don't steal $12 million without it. (Bonus points if you get the random connection here).

-------

A list of 101 of my best friends. (Get it? My friends are imaginary.)

-------

Did you see how rookie Matt Leinart handled himself last night? I was really impressed with his poise, both during the game and after the heartbreaking loss. Do you think he learned that poise from his coach?

-------

Charlotte Dan asks me from time to time about the 1985 Chicago Bears. He is a Bears fan, but wasn't living in the U.S. at that time. So all he hears is stories. He sometimes asks me to compare current teams with the greatest team of all time. Well, Charlotte Dan - Here's a little bit of what they were all about. You can judge for yourself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte Dan says: Now I'm impressed

Anonymous said...

http://www.salon.com/ent/video_dog/ads/2006/10/10/smoked_sausage/index.html

DeRosset said...

The Salon video isn't working right now so I took a file I downloaded from the website and posted on YouTube:
http://youtu.be/sq1ydxaMVUY

http://www.nachosrule.com said...

Thank you! THAT'S the commercial.